Is this chines evase of the period Yongzheng 1723-1735 ?

Started by natalina2014, Feb 26, 2014, 02:47:26

Previous topic - Next topic

natalina2014

Hello, Please help with authenticity this svase and period? My husband father was american embasador in china and  his mother collect antique.
Thanks for any help.

Stan

The porcelain on your vase looks like a very dense and high quality porcelain, I would think that your vase would be early republic, nice vase, try shinning a light into it in a dark room, the light should glow through and you would also see that it is a turned vase.

natalina2014

hello, thanks for  your information.
I would like know why do you think it is early repablican period ? this  vase in good condition but mark look like it was made yongzheng time? I read that is sametimes old vasee look like new and new look like old .
Thnbaks,

Stan

The mark is apocryphal, and your vase is an almost egg shell thin, the earlier porcelain was thicker and on your vase it looks like the top where the line is was done in two sections, if that is so you would be able to feel the seem inside with your finger, I believe the ones from the 18th century were done in one piece and yours is two pieces, I could be wrong, lets see what Peter says about it.

Stan

Hi Natalina, also on your vase there are no age signs, on the 18th century porcelain you would see rust spots, or pin hole spots in the glaze or kiln cracks, yours has none of the above so I can only say late Qing at the most, but I believe early republic. Stan.