Age of 2 blue white dishes

Started by hoogenbosch67, Feb 17, 2015, 21:46:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hoogenbosch67

Think these are fake late Kangxi blue white underglaze transferprinted dishes from beginning 20th century.

Little rust spots but further no age signs. Dishes have probably been stuck together during the baking process.

Cannot find the pictorial mark on the internet. Is it a whale, boat fish??

Thanks for your comments

hoogenbosch67

Some extra photos

Stan

I think that these are more recent, they did not use this blue in the early republic period, nor did they use transfer printing, I would put these in the 2nd half of the 20th century.

hoogenbosch67

Hello Stan, I have seen the blue on the photo is completely different as in real. The color is much darker blue. I will try  to make a photo outside and look if the blue becomes clearer visible.

Stan

The front of the plate is looks Japanese to me or it could be modern Chinese, if Japanese it would be export but I have never seen Japanese porcelain signed like this before.

peterp

I agree with Stan. Resembles Japanese porcelain on top, but a Chinese decoration is copied on the underside. The mark resembles a Kangxi period mark, though only faintly. Printed on both sides.

hoogenbosch67

OK thanks. Attached the photos in clear light. The backside photos resembles the best color blue in reality. What is the pictorial mark a boat, a whale a fish??

I also found a very double fake plate WILLOW pattern and made by WEDGEWOOD (extra e) seems to be very rare only made between 1848 and 1855 after conviction by WEDGWOOD. Shall I post some pictures??

Stan

The willow pattern is one of the most copied patterns, its not a fake if the makers mark is on it but only if they are trying to pass it off as Chinese. The Real willow pattern made by the Chinese was for export and I have never seen any of it signed.