chinese blue juar

Started by natrum, Feb 26, 2014, 00:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

natrum

Hello Everyone,
i'm new on this forum. I would like to ask some informations about my new jar. I've buy it on e-bay and I don't konw nothing about it. Someone could help me? Here are some photos.
Thank you very much.

Luigi

natrum

Sorry i forgot:
Item's measurements:

Height: 30, 1 cm    Width / Diameter: 22, 3 cm        Depth: 22, 3 cm

Thank you

Stan

Hi Natrum, your lidded jar looks modern to me the crackle glaze and the color of the porcelain has a tannish color which leads me to think that it is Japanese, the mark it self looks strange the lower left symbol means great, that would have been the first symbol used at the top left, I have never seen one like this, all in all I think it is a recently made item.

natrum

Thank you very much Stan. Is that possible this is a fake Made in Europe? The mark is really strange.

Stan

Hi Nastrum, It is possible, but unlikely if it was faked in Europe, I don't think they would have used a crackle glaze, that is typical for satsuma porcelain, that type of ware is still being made today, although the mark is kind of baffling, I have never seen one marked like that.

peterp

Painting style not Chinese. Could be made in Indonesia or elsewhere in SE Asia. The mark shows that the writer had no idea of Chinese writing.

natrum

I am very disappointed. I made a bad purchase. Thank you all for your kindness and competence.