Qing dynasty blue, red and white ground vase

Started by Stan, Mar 29, 2015, 09:10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, I think that this is late Qing or early republic, your expertise is appreciated, the vase is 51.4 CM tall, it is all hand drawn and hand painted there is the usual pitting and rust spots you normally see on antique porcelain, I will post 16 photo's to view, thanks.

Stan

More photo's to view.

Stan

peterp

Underglaze red decorated, but is the blue color on or underneath the glaze? In these pictures it looks rather flat, without depth, as if it were on-glaze blue.
The blue color is clearly the chemical blue color used on later porcelain. This could be republic period. My personal view.

Stan

The blue is underglaze, it was a cloudy day and the blue is a little darker than what is shown, I just could not get it right like on a sunny day.

Stan

Here are more photo's taken in direct sun light, this blue color is the correct color, there is a vase on Christies past lots that they say is late Qing to early republic that has the same blue color " A Chinese famille rose yellow-ground vase "  sale 2868, date of sell 26 - 27 August 2014 can we trust what they say at the high auctions?

silk