Early Fukagawa Imperial Quality Bowl

Started by Stan, Mar 27, 2015, 03:38:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, This is a very high quality bowl, it is the first time I have seen such a foot on Japanese porcelain, a worm back foot, I have only seen one example on ebay awhile back and it sold for more than I was willing to pay, I believe it is early Fukagawa, the blue mark is under the glaze and not very clear, I hope it is clear enough for you to read, notice how the ribbons fold and different colors on each side and the fold of the ribbons goes into the bowl and changes color very artistic, I think this dates to about 1870 but not sure, if you could read the mark that would be great, the bowl is 19.6 cm wide and 12 cm tall, I will post 16 photo's to view, thanks.

Stan

Here is more photo's to view.

Stan

Here is more photo's to view.

Stan

More photo's, I will post the last photo by itself so it can be a bigger photo of the mark.

Stan

Here is the last photo's of the mark, thanks for viewing.

Stan

I forgot to mention that it is all hand drawn and hand painted, under a loop you can see the detail and another thing that is on Japanese antique porcelain is the small rust spots that can only be seen under a loop in the blue under glazed areas they are present.

Stan

Hi Peter, I had a Japanese lady look at the mark and she said that she thinks it is early Koransha Arita Yaki, I have never heard of Yaki, if anyone can tell me about this bowl that would be helpful, I have not been able to find anything like it to compare.

peterp

Yes Stan, the mark does indeed say Made by Koransha.
Otherwise I cannot help, I'm afraid.