Famille Verte Vase

Started by Stan, Mar 21, 2015, 03:54:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, I bought this at an antique shop, it was a lamp and it has several repairs, I think that this could be late 18th century or early 19th century but this is out of my knowledge base, the vase is 45.1 cm tall and has pit marks in the glaze, the glaze is not that glossy compared to later ones, I think I am going to have the top repaired the right way, could you tell me how old you think it is and if you think it is worth the time to have repaired, I will include 12 photo's for viewing, thanks for your help.

Stan

Here are more photo's to view.

Stan

Last set of photo's. thanks for viewing.

calder

Lovely vase Stan.
Famille Verte ?

calder

Sorry just read your title.
Guessed right.

Stan

Thanks Calder, I have never handled a vase like this one, after doing a little research it seems like the shape might be from a later period, at least I could not find a shape like this when searching the high auctions under Famille Verte vase but I have never seen one with a black ground before, I am looking forward to Peters comments.

peterp

Hi Stan,
I don't think that the shape makes it later. I would estimate the age about the same as you. Not sure if it is export or not, though. Green on black ground is relatively rare, even more so when combined with other colors.

Stan

Thanks Peter, I think I will have it professionally repaired, thanks again.