Hand made porcelain statue

Started by Stan, Mar 17, 2015, 08:42:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, I have a porcelain statue that is 35 cm tall, it is hand made and hand painted, there is a mark inside on the side wall, you can see the finger imprints from the maker, and there is a repair on the gooses neck and a very poor repair at that he is missing a couple of fingers other than that it is in very good condition, could you tell me who the maker is, there is another mark that is stamped into the porcelain that says China, there is one area that has bright color gold that could indicate a later date, I was thinking republic period, thanks for your help, I will post 10 photo's.

Stan

Stan

Here are the last set of photo's, thanks for viewing.

peterp

Hi Stan,
I can only read ???? ?Made by Deng ? chang), not sure about the middle character. The other stamp is unreadable.
Judging by the colors it is probably second half of 20th century, although I am not sure when exactly. The majority of figurines (Buddhist or Daoist) I see here are from this period. Just a few decades old, probably.

Stan

Thanks again Peter, I noticed that J. [rem name - admin] has one for auction, they look very similar but hers does not have the bright gold but every thing else looks identical, I agree with mid 20th century or later.

peterp

Stan, there are too many items in splendid condition. The colors are not likely early 20th or late 19th. And, such figurines were few in the Qing dynasty. Even the early ones were mostly made in the 1920s or later.

Stan

I agree 100% if you look at the one on Joanies auction the base has been glued to the bottom so you can't see the bottom and you are right the colors are much to bright to be earlier.